Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Adobe Target Different ECID

Level 4

Hi,

When I used the AEP Debugger, for Target, I am seeing different ECID populate as I navigate to pages.  Do you know why that might be a case?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear @SCB21 ,

Then the Visitor ID is not persistent. Check out your Cookie Domain/Cookie Domain Period settings in Experience Cloud ID Service.

If your domain has only two periods (www[.]google[.]com), you need to set anything, however, if your domain has more than two periods (www[.]google[.]co[.]in), you need to set the Cookie Domain/Cookie Domain Periods in Experience Cloud ID Service.

Cookie Domain = Your Domain | Cookie Domain Period = 3.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

PS: Reach back to us if the solution didn't work and we would need more details during that time.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

Could you provide some additional information? Are you navigating across different pages on the same domain/sub-domain or moving across domains/sub-domains, for example?

Level 4

Hi @alexbishop,

I am looking at same domain and different pages. 

Thanks

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear @SCB21 ,

Then the Visitor ID is not persistent. Check out your Cookie Domain/Cookie Domain Period settings in Experience Cloud ID Service.

If your domain has only two periods (www[.]google[.]com), you need to set anything, however, if your domain has more than two periods (www[.]google[.]co[.]in), you need to set the Cookie Domain/Cookie Domain Periods in Experience Cloud ID Service.

Cookie Domain = Your Domain | Cookie Domain Period = 3.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

PS: Reach back to us if the solution didn't work and we would need more details during that time.