Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adding data elements to msbox.js via mboxParameters() function

Level 1

I want to load some data elements into my mbox.js so that I can access them from every mbox. 

The satellite calls are
'pageName='+_satellite.getDataElement('PageName')

'formType='+_satellite.getDataElement('FormType')

The interface doesn't provide a syntax for multiple parameters.

[img]mbox_js_edit_interface.JPG[/img]

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi Dean,

The way to pass in multiple key/value pairs is to separate them with an & symbol. 

So yours would be 

return 'pageName='+_satellite.getDataElement('PageName') + '&' + 'formType='+_satellite.getDataElement('FormType');

The best way to test this would be to add this code to your mbox.js file then download the newly created file and use an override in a tool like Charles with MapLocal to make sure your parameters are coming in as you expected.

Hope that helps.

Eric

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 1

Any guess? I'm fine with adding it through the interface or directly into the javascript.

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi Dean,

The way to pass in multiple key/value pairs is to separate them with an & symbol. 

So yours would be 

return 'pageName='+_satellite.getDataElement('PageName') + '&' + 'formType='+_satellite.getDataElement('FormType');

The best way to test this would be to add this code to your mbox.js file then download the newly created file and use an override in a tool like Charles with MapLocal to make sure your parameters are coming in as you expected.

Hope that helps.

Eric