Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

A4T - Profile Scripts

Level 3

We have  a profile script that is using a random number to assign users to different experiences. The random number once assigned is persistent. 

Example:

Experience A - Targeting =  random number less than 10

Experience B - Targeting = random number greater than 10

When I check segment comparison in Analytics using A4T variable (Target Activity > Experience) I can see some slight visitor overlap (less than 1%) between the two experiences. How is it possible for a single visitor (ecid)  to go into both experience when the definitions are mutually exclusive? 

Can anyone think of a scenario where this could happen? I am wondering if it's something to do with clearing cookies ? And specifying Target cookies vs. Analytics?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
@nicholase927171 - are you using mbox3rdpartyid for Target? Or the out of the box pcid? I have noticed a lot of inconsistencies with the Target profile and it being geo specific. If the same user is in NY vs CA, it ends up creating two temp profile and hopefully they get merged.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Nicholas, is this random number generated just once or every time a visitor visits? If its latter AND if your activity is an XT then a single visitor may see both experiences depending upon the value of random number generated. Would be interested to get more details

Regards,

Rajneesh

Level 3

Hi - the random number is persistent for the hist. lifetime of the profile (90 days). 

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
@nicholase927171 - are you using mbox3rdpartyid for Target? Or the out of the box pcid? I have noticed a lot of inconsistencies with the Target profile and it being geo specific. If the same user is in NY vs CA, it ends up creating two temp profile and hopefully they get merged.