Expand my Community achievements bar.

Take 10 minutes to complete an Adobe Target review on Gartner Peer Insights, and as a thank you for your time, you’ll have the option to receive a $25 gift card!

A4T - Conversions on a Visit level

Level 1

When implementing A4T we can see Conversions as Activity Conversions.
However, these are on Impression level only and will not change when choosing Visit as a Normalizing Metric.
... how would I be able to see Conversions on Visit (or Visitor level)?

6 Replies

Level 7

Hi @SusanneJa1 ,

Are you looking for total number of visits or visitors for that activity?

Level 1

Hi @prads ,
We would like to see the Conversions on a Visit or UV level rather than Impression level on A4T too - just like you can when looking at the reports on Target as a reporting source.
So, e.g. on activity impression level you'd have 3 conversions (which, in our case, would be because of redirects and refreshes of pages), but we would want to look at it on Visit level, as really, during the visit it was just 1 conversion.

SusanneJa1_0-1720536039723.png

Level 7

You can create your A4T report as per the requirement in workspace.

Select your activity, select your experience, normalise metrics and you can select your success metrics as visits, conversion rate or etc. and click on build the dashboard.

prads_0-1720596809047.png

Go though the video from this link: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/analytics/analyze/analysis-workspace/panels/a4t-panel

I hope this help you.

Level 1

Hi @prads 
We've chosen Conversion/Viewed a page on Target as usual:

SusanneJa1_0-1720597813321.pngWhen we view reports in A4T and choose Visitors as normalising metric, we get 

SusanneJa1_1-1720598191143.png

which shows the same Conversions as on Impressions,

SusanneJa1_2-1720598287763.png

but which is wrong because a Visitor shouldn't have converted more than once.

Level 7

Hi @SusanneJa1 , It depends on your conversion definition.(Link click, form submit etc.) In your case 4 visitors has 16 activity conversions. 

Activity impression, which really mean how many times AT returned a response for that particular Activity and Experience. An Activity Impression does NOT mean that the user actually saw the content.

Level 1

Hi @prads 
... that's the problem - with Target as a reporting source I would be able to see how many of the Visitors have converted:
E.g. it's 4 Visitors, but only 2 of those Visitors might have converted, even if there are in total 16 Conversions (like clicking a specific link or viewing a page).
Then the table for Visitors with Target as a reporting source would show me 4 Visitors and 2 Conversions whereas with Analytics as a reporting source it shows 4 Visitors and 16 Conversions.