Expand my Community achievements bar.

A/B - Auto-Target for personalised experiences - Optimisation Goal

Level 1

Hi there,

I intend on introducing a new A-B activity using 'Auto-target for personalised experiences' as the traffic allocation method.  We want to use the same audience across this Target campaign and have 4/5 experiences within it.  Each experience will be the same, aside from the hero banner image.  In short, this will be an image test using the auto-target function.  Our 'Optimisation Goal' will be click-through i.e., clicks to the CTA(s) within the hero banner. 

My question is, how should I be tracking these clicks to a Hero banner CTA in each experience within this type of Target campaign i.e., should I be injecting any custom code, or should I be relying on the 'Clicked an element' dropdown in 'My Primary Goal' selection? Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 7

i think, Clicked an element should be good as it would support conversation and reports  @Lewis_Claxton1 

Level 5

@Lewis_Claxton1 

For tracking clicks to the Hero banner CTA in an A/B activity using the "Auto-Target for Personalized Experiences" feature, you need not have to inject custom code.

In your case, since the goal is to track click-through, in my opinion -  you should rely on the "Clicked an Element" option in the Primary Goal selection. This allows you to easily define the CTA as the conversion point. However, if each experience has a different CTA selector, you might need to define them individually.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks