Expand my Community achievements bar.

User gets a different experience every time they go to a new page

Level 2

Hello,

I have a problem. We're running some tests in the staging environment of our website, and every time I clear cookies to make sure the variants are appearing, I get a totally random experience every page I visit. The location of the experiment is any page containing a certain piece of a URL. To illustrate the problem better: We are running a navigation test across the whole site with 2 variants.

When I visit the homepage I get variant 1. When I visit an about us page I get variant 2. When I visit a category page I get the default. Why is this happening and how do I fix it?

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi ,

A User will be counted as a new entrant if he or she visits the site from a new computer or a new browser; deletes the cookie and Hence a random experience with be shown . An entrant is identified by the PCID in the visitor's mbox cookie. If the PCID changes, the person is considered a new visitor.

For Testing purposes , You can use Preview Experience URL option to make sure the variants are appearing.

Regards

Parit

Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for the answer but this doesn't really help me much. As I explained, we are not changing devices, clearing cookies, or logging in from a new browse. We are entering the site on one browser, and being fed a different experience every time we click onto a different page that contains the experience (which is all pages because we are running a global navigation campaign). Is there any other reason the PCID could be changing in this situation?

Level 2

A quick follow up, I've been doing some QA on this and it turns out that any test created in the WYSIWYG editor is reproduced fine, but for this particular test in the form based creator it's randomly showing up when we refresh the page. Would it help if someone could take a look at the code and potentially identify the issue?

Level 10

Hi Chad,

Can you please share the URL of your Website as well as Adobe Target Account Login details in a private message so that we can debug the issue at our end.

Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 2

Waiting for approval on this, will get back to you.