Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

How do you target direct traffic

Level 2

I would like to run a test to specifically target "direct traffic" meaning visitors who have typed in the URL directly or have the URL bookmarked. Is there a way to do this?

3 Replies

Employee

Hi,

You can use the mbox parameter mboxReferrer to target direct visitors in real time as the mbox referrer parameter for them would be blank or null. You can use the following help article for more information on building such an audience : Custom Parameters

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Raag

Level 2

Hi Raag, I dont seem to see this mboxReferrer parameter you've metioned.  You able to give a bit more info here please?  Is there any reason why our set up wouldnt have this mboxReferrer?

Level 1

Hello Raag,

Can you please provide an example on how to use the mboxReferrer  as blank or null for an Audience custom settings?  

The link provided for Custom Parameters is very generic and does not specifies the solution on how to target Direct Traffic.

Thank you