Expand my Community achievements bar.

Excluding visits from Analytics after A4T activity is deactivated

Community Advisor

Hi all, A4T based activities keep reporting data even after deactivation - this is because activity acts as a special eVar which as life-span of 90 days.

This requires Analytics teams to be aware of:

1. Whether a campaign has been deactivated

2. If yes, when was it deactivated

Above is not scalable if you want to report performance of multiple campaigns (a valid use-case is to generate a month end report of all Target based activities and corresponding orders)

Can anyone share how they have overcome this challenge in their Adobe Analytics setup? Could there be an exclusion segment that we can built to achieve this goal? Please share your views

Regards,

Rajneesh

4 Replies

Level 4

The special variable has a classification report called "Active Dates"

1462942_pastedImage_0.png

You can create excluding segments for the end date. So nothing greater than whatever your end date is. Pretty handy and it is an epoch format so it is always easy to exclude. Hope this helps

Community Advisor

Thanks @russpainter  - however I dont see this classification in any of my accounts so can you share how it was activated please?

Thanks,

Rajneesh

Level 4

I didn't activate it. I think it comes out of the box once you have A4T. You can check your classification structure here

Admin > Report Suites > Select a report suite > Edit Settings > Conversion > Conversion Classifications >

1463058_pastedImage_1.png

once there you would select tnt

1463059_pastedImage_2.png

Active Dates appears

We then go into Workspace and see it here

1463060_pastedImage_3.png

We'd choose the one that says "(Analytics for Target)"

If you aren't seeing this structure you might want to reach out to CC.

Community Advisor

Thanks Russ for pointing me to this direction. I was under assumption that this Classification worked with legacy SitaCatalyst integration  (SC-TnT) - this is because I only see Active Dates as SC-TnT and not as Active Dates (Analytics for Target).

Let me chase CC for understanding where the issue is.

However, on my original query, can you please share an example of how you have created an Exclusion segment using end-date? Thanks,

Rajneesh