Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

Creating the Visitors Profile (Server Side)

Level 2

I am trying to create the Campaign where. For example the unique visitor has visited the website,the function should save the user profile in some database and when the user revisits the Campaign it should show the offer for that particular visitor.

How is it possible using the target ?

Is it possible using the global mbox ? Not sure about this as I am new to the Target tool.

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi poonamb36554032​,

It is possible with the global mbox. What you are describing is actually the default behavior for an AB test activity in Target. If you create a campaign/activity that a visitor enters, Target will remember their activity and experience/offer server-side so if they return at a later time Target will recognize them and know which experience they belong to and continue to show that to them.

One thing to note is that visitor profiles will expire if the visitor does not come back to your site within 14 days (the default time frame that is configurable by contacting client care). This time frame is adequate for the majority of sites.

Level 2

Thanks for your response.

Elaborating my above question suppose I want to create the segments where the user 'A' sees the 'XYZ content' and user 'B' sees the 'PQR content'.

How is it possible using the profile scripts ?

Had been through couple of documents but that does not serve my purpose.If you could help me to have some prototypes would be really helpful.

Had created cookies in JavaScript but it's just the client side recognition of the visitor's profile.

Adding one more question is that When I assign audience to the experience,it does not capture the number on real-time basis in target analytics.

Any idea why it takes time ?

Level 3

Hi,

If the objective is to create a profile script to capture which content is seen by visitor XYZ or PQR , you can fire a custom mbox from content XYZ and PQR from target respectively and use that mbox to create a profile script.

Employee Advisor

Hi poonamb36554032

This sounds like an XT activity in Target. You want to define a segment/audience and explicitly assign those visitor a specific offer/experience. This doesn't need to be done with profile scripts, they are just one of the variables you can use for defining the audience.

Here's an XT activity where I setup with 3 audiences and 3 experiences.

1663014_pastedImage_2.png

Audiences can be defined based on OOTB attributes (e.g., browser, screen size, referrer, geolocation) or custom attributes (e.g., profile scripts, profile parameters, mbox parameters).

If you mean "segment" like your own custom segment data, that is available to the page, you could pass that to Target as an mbox parameter with targetPageParams() function. Something like this:

function targetPageParams() {

return "customSegment=X";

}

This would expose the customSegment for each visitor to Target. You could then make it part of an audience like so:

1663015_pastedImage_4.png

Use that audience in your XT activity and then you can define the experience/content for the audience. Every time a visitor qualifies for the segment they would be eligible to see the assigned experience.

On your second question:

Keep in mind that Target's reporting doesn't report straight up segment/audience size. It reports the numbers of visitors in an activity. If using Target's reporting the number should be near real-time, up to 4 minutes behind. If you are using A4T (Analytics for Target) then latency will be the same as your other Analytics visit data (~30-45 min).

Level 2

Hi ryanr8

Perfect!

The above explanation is enough to proceed further.

Will keep posting my question for further assistance if needed.

Employee

Hi poonamb36554032​ To add to what Ryan said here is some documentation that you can refer to help with this.

Methods to get data into Target

Visitor profiles

Profile attributes