Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

Cookie consent

Level 2

Hi,

We are using AEM with Target using mbox.js version 63. mbox cookie is set by the mbox.js on load of the pages that has the targeteted components. We would like to make change to get consent from user before setting of any cookies on their browser, For which I am looking for some option to disable setting of the mbox cookie on user browser. Can someone help me with right approach to achieve this.

Thanks,

Amuthesan

7 Replies

Employee

Amuthesan As documented here , you can add an opt-out link to your sites to enable visitors to opt-out of all counting and content delivery.

1. Add the following link to your site:<a href="https://clientcode.tt.omtrdc.net/optout"> Your Opt Out Language Here</a>
  2. Replace the clientcode text with your client code, and add the text or image to be linked to the opt-out URL.

Any visitor who clicks this link is not included in any mbox requests called from their browsing sessions until they delete their cookies, or for two years, whichever comes first. This works by setting a cookie for the visitor called disableClient in the clientcode.tt.omtrdc.net domain.

Even if you use a first-party cookie implementation, the provided opt-out is set via a 3rd-party cookie. If the client is using a first-party cookie only, Target checks whether an opt-out cookie is set.

If you decide to use Adobe Target and Adobe Launch Opt-In, then check out Privacy and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

Level 10

Shruthi N,

Could you also share a link to be able to opt in after opting out?

Employee

Hi Andrey,

As requested please find the details on how to enable the optin functionality here​.

" To enable the ability to use Opt-In in Target at.js, you should use targetGlobalSettings and add the optinEnabled=true setting. "

Opt-in functionality is supported in at.js version 1.7.0 and at.js 2.1.0. Opt-in is not supported in at.js version 2.0.0 and 2.0.1.

Using Adobe Launch to manage opt-in is the recommended approach. Further granular control exists in Adobe Launch to hide selected elements of your page prior to Target firing that are helpful to leverage as part of your consent strategy.

Level 2

Hi Shruthi,

I tried the steps from the document. I could see that the "disableClient" cookie set on the thirdparty domain and for the mbox requests the response from target says that it is disabled because of optout. Below is an sample response.

But I still could see that the mbox cookie is getting created on our site. Can you please let me know if I am missing something.

Thanks,

Amuthesan.

Community Advisor

Very useful thread. Thank you!