Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

Adobe Target Activity Report not working for BatchAPI mBox Call

Level 3

Hi All,

I am using "/rest/v2/batchmbox?client=" API for getting the activity information and using in my code to render / enable the feature. The API service working fine and am getting the response from the API control/Experience based on the network traffic. But the reports are not generating in the activity report section. Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Hariharan S

21 Replies

Community Advisor

Are the visitor/visit/impressions not showing or the conversions?

Level 3

Hi Eric,

Conversion and unique visitors are not working. in report suit i am using adobe analytics

Thanks in advance

Hariharan S

Community Advisor

So it sounds like you might be using A4T which puts me into the camp of not being able to help a whole lot. The batch qualification and conversions seems to be working fine.

https://COMPANY.tt.omtrdc.net/rest/v2/batchmbox?client=COMPANY&sessionId=aksdflkajsdfjskdfjk

{

"client": "COMPANY",

"id": {

"thirdPartyId": "test123"

},

"mboxes": [

{

"indexId": 0,

"mbox": "target-batch-test",

"parameters": {

"at_property": "AT_TOKEN"

}

}

]

}

and here is my conversion

{

"client": "COMPANY",

"id": {

"thirdPartyId": "test123"

},

"mboxes": [

{

"indexId": 0,

"mbox": "target-batch-conv",

"parameters": {

"at_property": "AT_TOKEN"

}

}

]

}

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 6.41.41 PM.png

Level 3

Hi Eric,

Can you please elaborate little more. what is '"at_property": "AT_TOKEN"' value. from where i can get the 'AT_Token' value.

Thanks,

Hariharan

Community Advisor

You can remove that param. It is used for workspaces.

Level 3

Except the third party id i am sending all the property where i compared with yours. But still i did not get any conversion data

Level 3

Hi @Eric,

In you screenshot how you are getting the conversion data?

Community Advisor

Screen shots attached. An entry and then a conversion with the same sessionId is all that is required. I have also tested without the thirdPartyId. When absent it relies on the tntId, which should be sent along with the conversion, though it isn't required. These calls appropriately increment an impression and a conversion/

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 10.45.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 10.45.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 10.46.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 10.48.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 10.48.46 AM.png

Level 3

I can able see in your screenshot, activity configured in different mbox and conversion configured in different mbox. So you want me to trigger one more call with same session ID with order conversion mbox? in that case it will consider as unique visitor  right its not a conversion right. please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks,

Hariharan S

Community Advisor

Perhaps. You will want to qualify (enter) in the activity on one mbox call and then convert (success) on another so that you are not double counting the entry. Adobe Target will take care of the (visitor, visit, impression) on the initial (entry) call. After that first call, Adobe has all the data it needs to populate the first column. Now, in order for the second column to get data, it needs to see traffic for your conversion metric. It will only count those if it knows that someone is already in the activity in order to keep the numbers clean. That is where the session comes in. Sessions have no expiry time for AB activities and 20-30 minutes for AP activities. It keeps a record of everyone who is in the activity so it knows how to convert. For example:

An activity with 3 offers (A, B, C) that has an entry mbox of mbox-entry and a success of mbox-success.

Call with mbox-entry and session 1234 => returns offer b

Adobe Target will remember the combination of that session and which offer it brought back (b). It will now increment visitor, visit, and impression.

Call with mbox-success and session 1234

Adobe Target knows the session and gives credit to offer b.

Call with mbox-success and session 1234asdakdfadlkfj

Nothing will happen in Adobe Target. It does not recognize the session.

thirdPartyId and tntId come into play when you start talking about the profile for the user and qualifying for certain activities/offers.

Level 3

Hi Eric,

Thank for the detailed explanation. Do I need call the 'OrderConfirmationPage' mbox in order confirm page?

Thanks,

Hariharan S

Community Advisor

That's the idea but it will only work if you put that mbox as the mbox name in the conversion input box. There is nothing special about the name. You could call it OradfeefaConfiralksdfPage and it would work the same. It is more important to make sure they are the same. You may also want to look into order id, total, and product id.

mboxCreate('orderConfirmPage',

'productPurchasedId=PRODUCT ID FROM YOUR ORDER PAGE, PRODUCT ID2, PRODUCT ID3',

'orderTotal=ORDER TOTAL FROM YOUR ORDER PAGE',

'orderId=ORDER ID FROM YOUR ORDER PAGE');

Level 3

Hi Eric & Shruthi,

After setting up in to Adobe Target reporting i can able to see the visitor but I am not able to see any conversion data. Please help me on this. For conversion i am using 'OrderConfirmPage' mbox.

Thanks in advacne

Community Advisor

It seems that you are running into issues with your primary goal. Could you provide a screenshot of that last screen (success?) in Adobe Target so that we could help? A conversion can be a variety of things. It would be easier to start with the ‘Viewed an mbox’ conversion and then sending in another API call with that mbox name and the same sessionId as the original call (entry). This should increment the conversion column. Then you can start looking into how to pass order information as well. Both reports are downloadable in the UI and accessible over the admin APIs.

Level 3

Hi Eric,

Please check the below attached images.  For activity i am using different mbox. for conversion i am targeting 'orderConfirmPage' mbox.

Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 3.26.10 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-03-15 at 3.26.43 PM.png

Community Advisor

Ok so your second call should have the mbox name of orderConfirmPage. I am not aware that it requires the order info (order id, order total, order purchaseTransactionId) for it to properly trigger. A simple call with the same sessionId will do the trick. Could try changing the mbox name to something else if those order params aren’t important. Outside of that, you might want to submit a ticket to client care since I am out of ideas.

Employee

Hi Hari,

In case any qualifying campaign is A4T enabled - target will send offer content containing also a payload (under a variable clientSideAnalyticsLoggingPayload) that should be logged by the client in Analytics using the Data Insertion API.

This has been documented at Target API v1.0  along with a sample request.

Hope this helps.

Level 3

Hi @Shruthi Naomi,

Thanks fir the response. I dont want to go for another one API call to get the analytical data. Is there any other way i can get the conversion data on this activity.

Thanks,

Employee

Hi Hari, If you want to use A4T you need the second call as mentioned in the documentation. Have you tried using target only reporting to see if you are seeing conversions?

Level 3

Hi Shruthi,
I tried Adobe target reporting. I am not getting any conversion data. Please check the above thread. Thanks