Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

xmlx,pptx and docx extension documents are not opening, log error: com.adobe.idp.DocumentError: the

Former Community Member

Hi,

When we are trying to open a document:

2012-04-25 14:22:30,576 ERROR [com.adobe.idp.DocumentManagerServlet] DOCS001: Unexpected exception. See the stack trace for details.

com.adobe.idp.DocumentError: the requested type is not allowed

at com.adobe.idp.DocumentManagerServlet.validateCleanContentType(DocumentManagerServlet.java:242)

at com.adobe.idp.DocumentManagerServlet.doGet(DocumentManagerServlet.java:265)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:230)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:179)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:84)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:104)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:157)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:241)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:580)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

We are facing this issue with all xmlx,pptx and docx extension documents.

Rohan Raj.

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Did you ever get this solved?

I am having the same issue. You can see from the stack trace that this is an enforced list of mime types in validateCleanContentType. I have asked Adobe support where to edit the configuration for this. Their response is to send a differnt MIME type than that of the file. sending application/msword for a docx file though will open Word, but display many errors.

Former Community Member

Hi Steve,

I tried adding the mime type for docx, pptx etc. in permission file, as per below list:

Extension MIME Type

.xlsx   application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet

.xltx   application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.template

.potx   application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.template

.ppsx   application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.slideshow

.pptx   application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.presentation

.sldx   application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.slide

.docx   application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document

.dotx   application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.template

.xlam   application/vnd.ms-excel.addin.macroEnabled.12

.xlsb   application/vnd.ms-excel.sheet.binary.macroEnabled.12

By adding new mime mapping in web.xml in

<adobe_home>\jboss\server\lc_turnkey\deployers\jbossweb.deployer

When serving static resources, Tomcat will automatically generate  a "Content-Type" header based on the resource's filename extension, based on these mappings.  Additional mappings can be added here (to apply to all web applications), or in your own application's web.xml deployment descriptor. 

<mime-mapping>

<extension>docs</extension>

<mime-type>application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document</mime-type>

</mime-mapping>

BUT even though issue not resolved and its not opening docx. It was actually a BUG in product itself, as the livecycle application jar's web application not handle these extensions or mime. I tried getting support as well from Adobe but again get in to indefinite loop of mails and as it was important to business, decided a different approach.

Saving the file on servr in a directory by using save file service of LC foundatiion, and opening these file on simple Http in a browser call.

Please try giving these details to Adobe support to get the bug resolved and ask for a patch if you can do so, pressurizing the guys to send it to Adobe Engineering.

Regards,

Rohan Raj.

Former Community Member

Rohan, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I suppose I could write the file to a temp location then send an html redirect to that location. The temp file would have no security in front of it though. The documents contain personally identifiable information so I can't do that.

I know how to do this if I wrote it myself. We use LiveCycle products to reduce development time. I think that just makes it all the more frustrating that I cannot get Adobe to edit a config file. I started down the road to just write it directly then realized it will cause my users to have a double log in. Then I started researching the use of SSO with Workspace to prevent the double log in. It all just frustrates me even more. My entire app is done and scheduled for production, but failed testing on documents with these MIME types.

If I go down the route of my own servlet to server these documents up, get SSO working, etc. I will end up not using any LiveCycle products in the mix. In the end, at least one product will be dropped from our support renewals. The documents reside in IBM FileNet. I am using the Adobe Connector to IBM FileNet to retrieve them. I would just use the FileNet APIs to pull the document. FileNet returns to correct MIME Type without issue. It only breaks when wrappered with LiveCycle.

Former Community Member

Support has not even responded to the last email I sent weeks ago.

Former Community Member

Saving the file on the file system then redirecting to it would cause a security hole in my case. A work around I found is I can use the Repository APIs to store the document into the LiveCycle Repository setting the mime type at that time. I can then redirect to a WebDav URL to retrieve it. The WebDav URL is secured and will not require the user to log in again when already logged into Workspace. Writing to the repository using WebDav will set the mime type incorrectly for the Office 2007 file types.