Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

XML or XSD?

Former Community Member

We are developing form in LC Designer 9.

When form was almost 90% done,we were asked to provide information regarding all objects on the form ( field names, button names, numeric fields…) to developer who will create an .XSD file. What would be the easiest way to capture all the information from the Hierarchy tab?

What I have done so far is following, I've added a button on PDF form with the code that will save an XML file. Then I've converted that XML file to XSD using free online program from Flame-Ware Solutions. Is that the only way to capture the information regarding form's structure?

Is there any other way to provide all the information regarding number of text fields/ddl's/num fields etc on the form and their properties?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

The native XDP format of the form template can give you that . Its simply an xml file that describes the template. ......or I woudl fill out every field on the form then export the data from the form. This will generate an xml data file that will have the field names as the node names in the xml.

Paul

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Former Community Member

There is a great blog post where John Brinkman has created a macro that gives you this information. Here is a link to his blog:

http://blogs.adobe.com/formfeed/2011/05/updated-form-report-tool.html

Paul

Former Community Member

Thank you Paul.

This is great. In 5 min I was able to generate report and see how many fields and how many subforms are on the form, etc, But this is more report in general.Is it possible to generate report that will outline information regarding each object on the form. Primarly, I need to know object's names so they can create an XSD file.

Thank you,

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

The native XDP format of the form template can give you that . Its simply an xml file that describes the template. ......or I woudl fill out every field on the form then export the data from the form. This will generate an xml data file that will have the field names as the node names in the xml.

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----