Expand my Community achievements bar.

xfa.resolvenode returns null on one field whereas returns a node on the event of the specific field

Level 1

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement wherein I need to populate values in my Table row depending upon the value of another text field.

The problem is when I use this line of code var rsize = xfa.resolvenode("MyForm.SubForm1.Table1.Row1[*].UOM") in the change event of say Field1, it returns 0 on accessing rsize.length whereas the same line returns 5 which is the desired value on initialize event of Table1.Row1.UOM.

How to get this thing working? I need to use similar lines of code in 5 fields i.e. need to access and assign values to table rows dependimg upon change events in 5 different fields.

I am new to Adobe forms and stuck up with this since a long time. Let me know what is the ideal way to get this thing working. And where do I put my javascript code if the dependency to fill the row values is on some other field.

Thanks a lot in advance.

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

You are trying to resolve all nodes eg "Row1[*]". However, the syntax is xfa.resolveNodes(), not xfa.resolveNode(). Note plural.

Explore this example, that builds up to referencing objects, including xfa.resolveNodes() and xfa.resolveNode(): http://assure.ly/kUP02y.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 1

Hi Niall,

Thanks for your reply. And sorry for my typo.

I have used resolveNodes() in my code to get the length. But as I said the length is 0  when the code is written in change event of say Field1 and the same returns 5 which is the desired value when the code is writtenon any event of the UOM field.

What exactly I want to achieve is to set the rawValue of MyForm.SubForm1.Table1.Row1[*].UOM whenever we enter value in Field1 the hierarchy for which is MyForm.SubForm2.Field1.

Thanks,

Archana

Former Community Member

Hi,

Could you pls mail me the form @ kvdvijaykumar@gmail.com so that i could have a look and try to help u out?

Thanks,

VJ