Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

XDC -> print a empty page after the print job

Level 1

Hi Folks,

i have a problem. i use a xdc file to select multiple trays and after the printing job an additional separator sheet should be "printed" . Its only a empty sheet, which should be at the end of the printjob.

Could somebody give me a hint? I checked the pcl commands and i got the idea to send a line feed and carriage return command, but im not sure whats happen and if this is possible, could i select the tray for this?

Thanks a lot for any Idea or Tip,

kind regards

Alex

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi,

the easiest way and the best way is to do an additional Form with a additional Programm and you can control this after your program in the transaction v/40 put this in the output type!

then it works!

kr

Alexx

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 1

Wasil, thanks for the response, but i havent found any info to do a separator sheet in this link. I know that i have to do this in the xdc, but i dont know how. I found a plc command to do this, but the problem is that i not understand how to fill this in the xdc.

Here ist the Part from my XDC File. Ok, its possible that this is at the wrong point, but im sure i have an error in the escaping.

The Printer i use is a Ricoh MP5002sp. I only found the escaping like i did, but i get a pdf generation error with this part:

<seq id="postDoc"><ESC/>%-12345X@PJL RDYMSG DISPLAY=""&#13;&#10;<ESC/>H1B\L%-12345X@PJL ENTER LANGUAGE=PCL&#13;&#10;<ESC/>H1B\L&l4H&#13;&#10;<ESC/>H1B\L&l1T\0&#13;&#10;<ESC/>M\B\S\N\U&#13;&#10;<ESC/>U\LJob : \I&#13;&#10;<ESC/>U\LDate: \D&#13;&#10;<ESC/>U\LTime: \T&#13;&#10;<ESC/>E&#13;&#10;</seq>

The PLC commands i foun on a website looks like this:

\

\H1B\L%-12345X@PJL ENTER LANGUAGE=PCL    <-- Puts printer into PCL mode

\H1B\L&l1H    <-- This command pulls the sep sheet from Tray 2

\H1B\L&l1T\0    <-- Job Reset. Sets USTATUS counters etc,

\M\B\S\N\U    <-- Prints user name in large characters

\U\LJob : \I    <-- Prints spool ID number

\U\LDate: \D   <-- Prints date

\U\LTime: \T    <-- Prints time

\E    <-- Exits banner page and begins actual print job

But in my case it will be enough to select the tray and "print" the empty sheet...

thanks a lot for your your help...and it could be a easy task...but it looks like im a "dau" :-)

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi,

the easiest way and the best way is to do an additional Form with a additional Programm and you can control this after your program in the transaction v/40 put this in the output type!

then it works!

kr

Alexx