Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

WSDL data connection

Former Community Member

I have invoked a short-lived process from a form using the WSDL data connection (connectionSet - execute), and it worked fine.

But I couldn't seem to be able to invoke a long-lived process (a process that has the User task service).

(however, it has a no-wait gateway, so the process should reach the end without waiting for the user to do anything)

is it supposed to be like that?  that I can only invoke short-lived ones?

thanks

3 Replies

Former Community Member

No you can invoke either kind ...but a long lived proces will not return the result in the Invoke method. You need to make another web service call to check the status (to see if it is complete) and if it is then you can make yet another call to get its result. You can see all of these methods when you load the wsdl into the data connection.

Paul

Former Community Member

Not sure how to make it work still.

I put the following script in the "click" event of a button:

Body[0].input.rawValue = fld1.rawValue;

connectionSet.wd.execute(false);

it worked fine on a short-lived process,

but nothing seems to have been invoked in the case of long-lived process.

I saw nothing in the JBoss server log, and nothing in the process search.

and the execution of the script seems to have stopped at the "connectionSet..." line.

how do I check for its status if the execution doesn't want to go beyond the connectionSet line?

Could you provide an example if you have one handy?

thanks

Former Community Member

In the data connection palette in Designer you choose a method (in your case Invoke). A button gets placed in the hierarchy...drag and drop that button onto your form. Then you can either click the button or programmatically click it - buttonname.execEvent("click") - to execute the Invoke method. If you want to implement the other methods you woudl have to create multiple data connections.

Paul