Expand my Community achievements bar.

Workspace Reverse Proxy

Level 3

Hello all,

I am not sure if this is the correct location for this but will give it a try.

Last week my organization setup a reverse proxy to our internal workspace so our external users would be able to login and use LC.  The proxy gets external users to the login screen but after typing in the username/password and clicking login we get the spinning circle for about three seconds and then an error message that reads "An error occurred while initializing Workspace.".

Any ideas on why this is happening or if you have a functioning reverse proxy did you have to do anything special on the LC install?

Thanks,

~Josh

3 Replies

Level 3

I am not the one that setup the reverse proxy so I will have someone look into the logs for me.

I read your first blog entry you posted and noticed something in the server.xml that I am missing.

proxyName="apache.company.com" proxyPort="80"

Not having this line in the server.xml file could that be the possible explaination?  Also, if I add this file will I only be able to use the proxy address or will the internal url still work?

~Josh

Level 3

Update for anyone else that might run into this problem:

I needed to recompile my custom workspace with a newer version of the workspace_runtime.swc file.  The proxy works fine now.

~Josh