Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Workflow for private group Video

JAzzerDude
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for suggestions for what I think is a rather simple workflow:

User A wants to initiate a Video/Audio session with User B.  User A alerts User B, and the two of them connect.  User A (or B for that matter)  wants to now include user C in the session.  One of them alerts User C, and User C is now videoconferencing with A& B.

Sounds simple, but I have been looking at the code samples and there are a couple of stumbling blocks for me.  First,  it would seem that I would want user A to create a group (for the duration of the session) and then have user B & C join this group.  How is this possible if none of my users are hosts?  In other words,  I need ad-hoc groups (I think) that facilitate private group meetings when needed by users.

What am I missing?

Thanks for any suggestions.

2 Replies
Nigel_Pegg
Level 10
Level 10

Hey Dude,

If you're not interested in the strict privacy-management of groups (which does need someone to manage them), then the publisherIDs property of the WebCamSubscriber/AudioSubscriber should get you where you need to go - have A say to B "hey, I'm going to publish", and have B start up a set of Subscribers which only have A in their publisherIDs property. Don't let any users in your rooms subscribe to anyone else unless they get such a notification.

hope that helps

nigel

JAzzerDude
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you very much Nigel.  Looking at the SDK, I believe that should help me do exactly what I was looking for.  Essentially, I am trying to create functionality similar to Video Calls in Skype right within my app.

Extremely cool.