Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Whether my_form field object has '_U' in its name, if so, hide another/its associated check box

Level 8

Hello,

I have a bunch of fileds on my_form, all they are for states (just for example, am using states), say for example,

I have 4 fields, their names are and captions are as below

1) NEWYO_U, caption is New York UPD field (here, UPD is our business related terminology, pls. ignore it)

2) NEWYO_C, caption is New York CHK field (here, CHK is our business related terminology, pls. ignore it)

3) CALIF_U, caption is New York UPD field

4) CALIF_C, caption is New York CHK field

Already i have some JS piece in my_form INITIALIZATION and docReady events

1) LOOP all the FIELD objects (here they are as State names) in my_form , then check whether their name (NEWYO_U) possess '_U' 2 characters at the end? (if not existing '_U' 2 characters at the end, (example. NEWYO_C) then skip the validation, go to next loop/iteration/state)

if its existing (for example, NEWYO_U),

Them the JS has to find out its associated 'C'/'CHK' (NEWYO_C is the 'C' associated field for NEWYO_U field) field....we can achieve this task by truncating the original field from NEWYO_U to NEWYO into a temporary variable...............Then concatenating this temporarary variable of the the truncated NEWYO field with 2 characters of  '_C' and making it to 'NEWYO_C' as its asscoiated field into a another temporary variable

If the NEWYO_U field DONT holds any data......then, make this its asscoiated 'NEWYO_C' field as HIDDEN.

If the NEWYO_U field holds the data, let make NEWYO_C field as visible

Actually, i can achieve my requirement by putting JS in each field objet's INITIALIZATION event itslef, but, i have 100 feilds in my_form, hence i would like to put at HEADER level by generically looping all the field objects in my_form in piece of code, for example. like below code snippet

Pls. provide me JS

Thank you

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

here's a script that will search all fields which name ends with "_U".

function findNodes(vNode) {

if (vNode.className === "field") {

if (vNode.isPropertySpecified("name") === true) {

if (vNode.getAttribute("name").search(/_U$/g) !== -1) {

// Script to execute, when a match was found

}

}

}

for (var i = 0; i < vNode.nodes.length; i += 1) {

findNodes(vNode.nodes.item(i));

}

}

findNodes(xfa.form);