Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

where are document scripts located?

Level 2

Hi,

I'm new to designer, where would I find document level scripts?

Thanks,

Stan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Document level scripts are part of Acrobat not part of the Design of the form. There are page level and document level events that exist. Click on the Page or root object in the hierarchy view and in the script editor the events dropdown will show you the subset of events that are available. If there is code on these events they will be marked with an *

Paul

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Not sure what you mean - are you looking for prebuilt scripts?

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Document level scripts are part of Acrobat not part of the Design of the form. There are page level and document level events that exist. Click on the Page or root object in the hierarchy view and in the script editor the events dropdown will show you the subset of events that are available. If there is code on these events they will be marked with an *

Paul

Level 2

Thanks that is very helpful. I'm new to Designer and I do most of this stuff in Acrobat directly, using the form tools.  I built a bunch of scripts that do this:

open a bunch of files in batch process,

put filename into global array

then in a separate document I push a button that generates check boxes using the filenames that were put into the array from the opened files.

Would this be any easier in designer?

Stan

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----