Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

What is the location of the LiveCycle ES Repository?

Level 5

Based on LiveCycle Designer Help, you can set up a Web Directory and Map it to the LiveCycle ES repository.

This is used when running Designer outside of WorkBench.

Can someone provide an example of specifying the location using the JBoss Turnkey installation.

I am not able to get a successful mapping to the repository.

Thank You.

Mark

From Help:

If you are using Designer ES outside of Workbench ES and want to use resources, such as images and fragments, that reside in the repository, you can set up a web folder on your file system and map it to the location in the repository. When you publish the form, links to the resources are maintained. You use the Publish to Repository command to copy the files into the repository. See To publish a form to a repository.
3 Replies

Level 5

OK - So here is the answer:

1. Navigate to My Network Places
  2. Select Add a network place
  3. Enter http://<server>:<port>/repository
  4. When prompted enter the username and password of a user that has the correct rights to access the repository.
  5. You will be prompted for the credentials once again then the Add Network Wizard will display a panel letting you identify a name for the network place.
  6. Click Next
  7. Select the check box to open this connection and select finish.

Thanks to Mark Szulc's blog for the above answer.

Once this is inplace, your stand-alone Designer can access and update artifacts in the Workbench Repository.

Former Community Member

Hi Mark,

Would it be possible to create a report to see how many forms and processes that currently have on the system from the repository link?

Thanks,

Han

Level 5

Hello Han:

I really don't have any idea as to if that is possible from the Repository link.

From there you can see forms, files and other assets that process use (schemas and the like).

From the Admin UI, you can see the process on your system.

I don't know of a location that has processes and assets together.

I have not really thought about trying to generate reports on these.

You might be able to get that by going after the LiveCycle database directly, but I have no experience in that area.

Sorry to not be of more assistance.

Mark