Expand my Community achievements bar.

WebPublisher does not appear at the right place!

Former Community Member

Hi guys,

I m facing a problem while running video chat.

when the vdo chat started the web publisher shows the vdo stream with the dimension mentioned, but as far as the invitee accepts the request, his vdo starts showing at my screen at same place where the publisher publish my one i.e the space which is occupied by the publisher only is now shared by both of them (i.e publisher n subscriber) in 50, 50 ratio. the publisher reduces to 50% of its size n that remaining space is occupied by the subscriber.!!!

can any body guide me about this problem!!??

secondly when i end the video call, i got the following error.

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.

at com.adobe.rtc.collaboration::WebcamSubscriber/layoutCameraStreams()[C:\work\main\connect\cocomo\src\com\adobe\rtc\collaboration\WebcamSubscriber.as:1085]

at com.adobe.rtc.collaboration::WebcamSubscriber/updateDisplayList()[C:\work\main\connect\cocomo\src\com\adobe\rtc\collaboration\WebcamSubscriber.as:1139]

at mx.core::UIComponent/validateDisplayList()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:6351]

at mx.managers::LayoutManager/validateDisplayList()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:622]

at mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiation()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:695]

at Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()

at mx.core::UIComponent/callLaterDispatcher2()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:8628]

at mx.core::UIComponent/callLaterDispatcher()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:8568]

the audio n video stream are rightly handled, this error appear after all of that .... I think it is related with UI bcz it comes on UIComponent file...

I guess i don't put the publisher n subscriber  in right manner so that nether they appears correctly nor they remove successfully!!??   

any body have idea abt this one!?

Abdul Aziz

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Webcampublisher doesn't have any width/height and in fact, you can put it to zero. All the streams are showed inside WebcamSubscriber. If you have more than one stream, the subscriber shows them in a grid layout.

You need to provide me some source code where I can see the error as well as the situation as I am not very clear about your email.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Former Community Member

Thanks Hironmay

now I have another problem. when i start video chat with some one, it goes fine.... but after then, when i close the video chat and starts with another person ... it will show three streams!!! two are in running condition and the third one is static just like image.... even if i start chat with the same person.. it will show the previous stream as well as the new streams.. and this process is going on and on to..... one stream adds every time i start video chat... (within a session).

I hope u will understand my problem.

waiting for reply.

Thanks

Abdul Aziz

Former Community Member

Hi Hironmay

your last post help me alot, but after then i had asked abt another problem i.e  when i start video chat with some one, it goes fine.... but after then, when i close the video chat and starts with another person ... it will show three streams!!! two are in running condition and the third one is static just like image.... even if i start chat with the same person.. it will show the previous stream as well as the new streams.. and this process is going on and on to..... one stream adds every time i start video chat... (within a session).

I hope u will understand my problem.

waiting for reply.

Thanks

Abdul Aziz

Former Community Member

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, was on vacation. So, in this case I am suspecting something fishy in your code. Because when you close a video chat, the stream should get deleted and its been working fine for other users. You shouldn’t see a static stream. Are you going out before closing and entering room again ?You can share your simple version of code that reproduces this problem. I will then take a look.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu