Expand my Community achievements bar.

WebCamera: Picture in picture available soon?

Level 2

Hi,

We're really looking forward to use the picture in picture layout with your WebCamera pod, do you have any idea when you'll be re-enabling it? (at least for two people conference)

Otherwise, are there any big challenges in implementing it custom, with our own component (picture in picture for 2 people) ? Will we face the same problems you're having with the WebCamera pod that makes you disable this layout?

Thanks for your time!

Matetnic

4 Replies

Employee

Hi Matetnic,

If you know your app would only have two people, then customizing your layout is lot easier. So you can have two webCamSubscribers, One of them has the webcamPublisher has your webCam, and the other webCamSubscriber has the stream of the camers of the other user.

I dont see any complications in implementing your own custom layout.

Thanks

Arun

Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I will definitively give it a try, as picture in picutre is really important for us. On the other side, do you have any idea when you will be re-enabling this particular layout in you WebCamera component? It would be really great for us to have your component with multiple layout possibilities, that can be changed at runtime following user needs.

Thank you very much.

Matetnic

Former Community Member

Hi there,

Actually, we decided not to add this functionality, since our intention is

more to reduce code bloat and get out of the way - sorry, some things just

require you to do some coding =).

nigel

Level 4

is it still the case that PiP layout mode will not be implemented? what about with the spark beta?

i'd prefer to use the WebCamera pod still because it works out of the box with recording.  i'd really rather not rebuild my own.