Expand my Community achievements bar.

Watched folder missing functionality in LC ES2

Level 2

Hi

I am currently working on a project in Livecycle ES2 workbench which requires the endpoint of the process to be a watched folder. My issue is that in the input/output section I can only see the InputDoc field. It has the Output heading below it, but there aren't any fields underneath that.

I am running Livecycle on my local machine, but I checked the instance of Livecycle running on our server, and it has the Output fields. I have not changed any of the settings of the watched folder, so I'm really confused as to why I'm missing functionality?

Regards

Ross Malan

3 Replies

Level 10

Do you have a variable of type "Output" defined?

Jasmin

Level 2

Ah ok, I have now defined an output variable in workbench. I see that it has prepopulated the output of the watched folder with that output variable, but it is uneditable, and there is a blank field below it? Could you please spread some light on that for me?

Regards

Ross Malan

Level 10

In the field you want to put the format of the file that's going to be written in the Result Folder, which is set to result/%Y/%M/%D/ by default.

For example if you put output.pdf, the file will always be called output.pdf. You can also use %F and %E to re-use the original file name and extension.

You should search the Workbench Help for more information on the different settings.

Jasmin