Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Visible (screen only) is not working

Level 1

Hello everybody:

I've been experiencing some problems whenever I try to put an object with the "Visible (Screen Only)" presence property. The issue comes whenever I print the form: it always show all the objects. That happens to me when I use forms imported from a previously scanned document (importing the documents as an image), but not with new ones.

I'm using LiveCycle Es2 and I changed the program properties in order to make the form compatible with 8.1 or later versions. Niall O'Donovan suggested me to check if there was any warning related with the version, but there is no one.

Does anybody know anything about this?

Thanks for your time!
Regards,
Javier Maíllo

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi Javier,

I had a chance to look at this now and I think the issue may be the fact that the form was created by importing an existing Word/PDF document. Depending on how you do this, the form may only be saved as a Static PDF form and certain dynamic functionality (like Visible Screen Only) will not be available.

I don't think you will get the previous advice of prePrint/postPrint script to work either (changing the presence of the objects), as this would require the form to be saved as a Dynamic XML Form in the save as dialog.

Niall