Expand my Community achievements bar.

Visible/invisible image on master page

Level 2

Hi,

I woul like to make an image on master page visible/invisible based on the selection made in my first drop-down list. After this selection is made, I want this picture to be visible or invisible.

But after making changes in other fields, this picture is invisible. How should i fix this without adding action to every field in my form.

Thank you for advice.

Marian

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Its impossible to say without seeing the form and the code that is executing ...can you share the form? If so send it and a description of how to duplicate the issue to LiveCycle8@gmail.com

Paul

Level 10

iH Marian,

Here is an example where the radio button changes the presence of the image on the Master Page.

https://acrobat.com/#d=B4LUXxOdFSj-5bljqM7X7A

Referencing objects on the Master Page, from the Design Pages is slightly more complicated. The easiest way to d it is to select the object on the Design Pages and go into the script editor, then click the Master Pages. While you are actively in the script editor press Control and hover the mouse over the object in the Master Page. The cursor will turn into a 'V'. When you click the object, LC Designer will insert the full reference (or as full as its necessary) into the script.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 2

Thanks Niall,

I have a better understanding now. Your PDF works great. But I wonder where in my form should I insert the script?

Level 10

Hi,

Start by selecting the object on the Design Pages, that is going to control the image on the Master Page. Then go to the Script Editor (open it from the Windows menu if it is not visible. Also you can make it larger by dragging the bottom bar).

Then you would insert the script into the appropriate event.

Here we have used the click event of the radio button exclusion group:

Parallels Desktop1.png

Good luck,

Niall