Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Video Settings

Former Community Member

How does one set video settings and what are all of you people using for your settings?

So far I only have the MyFirstCocomo tutorial working (Yes, I admit to being a flash noob, please tolerate me. Been stuck in financial apps for too many years).

I want to move on to the publish and subscribe model next to set up live video conferecing but not sure if it's worth it if I can't improve the grainy picture I am having now.

Have you had good results, nice clear picture and sound with live conferencing?

Thanks so much. -Kevin

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi ,

We normally do have quite good video quality depending on your connection speeds. However, you can increase the quality further by increasing quality and resolution Factor values in WebcamPublisher. See the docs of these properties for further details.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Former Community Member

Hi Kevin,

My upload speeds are capped at 600Kbps, the following gives me just about okay video chat quality for me(stutter-free web cam feed).

I've used WebcamPublisher with quality=90 and resolutionfactor=2. The default resolution is 128x128.

However, if I'm not wrong, more upload bandwidth will be consumed with more people connected to the web cam feed. So you might need to consider that as well while setting the quality and resolution.

Here's a good article on checking and setting your audio/video feed for LCCS:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/articles/lccs_p2p_videochat_print.html

-Soumik