Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Variable Searching

Former Community Member

I have a list of document names saved in a XML process variable.  I want to be able to search for a particular document name and see what process is handling it, whether it is complete, running, who is currently assigned, etc.

My investigation of the API documentation seems to suggest this is impossible through the API.

1. You can only set "simple" variables to searchable or visible.
  2. TaskManagerQueryService.getProcessVariableValues(long taskId) only returns results that are set to searchable or visible.

Does this leave me with the following alternatives?

1. Coerce the XML data into a String?
  2. Save the information I need to query in a separate database?
  3. Go directly to the LC database to search for data?
1 Reply

Former Community Member

Well, I decided to go directly to the database to fetch the information.  If you want to get process data, LiveCycle creates a table for every defined process in order to save process instance variable data.  So Process A will store data in table tb_pt_process_a.

So, given I have a process ID, how do I know what table to go look for the data in?

1. Go look in the tb_process_instance table to find the process name?
  2. Convert process name to table name?

Or is there a way through JOINS to do this?  Does Adobe have a table somewhere that maps between process names and table names?

Is there a database schema diagram that explains what all the tables are used for?