Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Validation of strings & Alignment

Former Community Member

Hi,

I am using ES2 Version 9.5 to build the form guides.  Since Scripting inside the guides is now a removed functionality. I would want to achieve the below functionality. My data model consists of Employee entity which has FirstName , LastName, Age & Salary.

I would want the users to enter only alphabets in FirstName & lastname fields. When I validate with  regular expressions guides with  9.0 this works fine but fails in 9.5. How do I acheive this in 9.5.0.0.20100908.1.247189?

<property name="firstName" type="string">

<style>

<validation text="Validation Error">

<annotation name="ActionScriptValidator">

<item name="ValidatorClass">mx.validators.RegExpValidator</item>

<item name="expression">"^[a-zA-Z''-'\s]{1,15}$"</item>

<item name="noMatchError">"Only alphabets are allowed."</item>

</annotation>

</validation>

</style>

</property>

Secondly I would want to right align the fields and not the text for example the fields Age & Salary should be right as they are numbers, i do not see any direct property that helps to do so. I am able to align the field text but not the field values.

Any pointers in this regard will help me lot

Thanks

Anand.R

0 Replies