Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Using Sections To Tie Two Rows Together

Level 3

I use the section capability to join two rows together.  I have a button that will duplicate the section.  Which on the screen shows perfectly.  However, when you save the file, and open it back up it does not maintain those sections.  It combines them into one.  look at this example:

TABLE 1

ROW 1: element1, element2               -- Row 1&2 are group as a section

ROW 2: element1, element2

User press the add button:

Table 1

ROW 1: element1, element2                -- So when the user press the add button it duplicates the section to add two more rows in order

ROW2: element 1, element2

ROW3: element 1, element2

ROW4: element 1, element2

The user now saves the form and exits...

The user lanuches reader and opens the form. they see the follow result...

ROW1: element1, element2

ROW3: element1, element2

ROW2: element1, element2

ROW4: element1, element2

I need the section to stay together...  Any suggestions of what can be done?

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Uncheck the checkbox for the "Repeat Row for each Data Item" in the Bidning tab for Row2 and Row3 inside the Section.

You are actually creating a new instance of the section (which includes Row2 and Row3). So this check box should be checked at the Section levl not at the Row level. You have already checked the Section property so remove from Row 2 and Row3.

Thanks

Srini

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

You need to see which instance manager are you using while adding the new Rows.

If you can post your form to LiveCycle9@gmail.com I can have a look at it..

Thanks

Srini

Correct answer by
Level 10

Uncheck the checkbox for the "Repeat Row for each Data Item" in the Bidning tab for Row2 and Row3 inside the Section.

You are actually creating a new instance of the section (which includes Row2 and Row3). So this check box should be checked at the Section levl not at the Row level. You have already checked the Section property so remove from Row 2 and Row3.

Thanks

Srini