Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

unable to enter in text field

Former Community Member

Hi Experts,

I have several text fields in my interactive form - none of them is read only. The problem is I cannot enter anything in those input boxes unless & until I go and click on the input box. Simply doing shift+tab or TAB doesnt help and it seems like the field is a readOnly one. These fields are editable ones and do not have any scripting attached to them.

Thanks,

Rohit

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Does this tend to happen when you are in preview mode in LC Designer or does it happen in Acrobat/Reader?

If a field has had a calculate event in it (at some stage), it will have become readOnly and you would need to manually set it back to user entered in the Object / Value tab.

Tab should work ???

Niall

Former Community Member

Hi Niall,

I have a online version of  the form - this problem is coming in the online version. When I save the blank form and enter the data in the respective fields I dont have any issue (offline scenario). Also the fields are User Entered - Optional and no scripting exists for anty event for the fields.

Thanks

Rohit

Level 10

Hi Rohit,

I haven't seen this behaviour. Is the form rendered in html?

Given that the form in performing OK in Acrobat/Reader, I think it might be how the form renders online.

Maybe check other browsers (??)

Sorry, I can't offer more help here,

Niall

Level 7

Hi Rohit,

Is it possible your Adobe updater is running in the system tray? I've noticed some strange behavior if the updater is running when trying to open forms over the internet.

djaknow