Expand my Community achievements bar.

Unable to edit Current Date field

Former Community Member

Hi,

I added the currect date field into my form and I want the user to have an option of editing it when they download the form. I tried switching the "Type" in value tab to 'Calculated - User can override' and when I open the form in pdf mode current date appears and there is a drop-down for calndar. When I select a different date there, the current date doesn't change and it remains as it is.

Please help me with this.

Thanks.

3 Replies

Level 10

datefield.calculate.override = "0"; //turn off override

datefield.calculate.override = "1"; //turn on override

Level 1

I'm having the same issue as newbie1984. Added current date from the custom library, changed it to "calculated - user can override" and I get the following error when trying to override the current date in the .pdf form - "The Value you entered for Current Date cannot override its calculated value. To ignore the calculated value for Current Date, Click Ignore." to which "ignore" or "ok" buttons close the dialog error box, but do not override the date. Rob - where would you change the datefield.calculate number? Can you describe in more detail?

Level 10

I would put this in the change event of the datefield... but euhmm I am sorry for my poor answer above...

The code i provided isnt suppose to be working -.-

It should be something like this:

//Turn off override

dateField.calculate.override = "disabled";

dateField.access = "open";

dateField.value.override = "1";

//Turn on override

dateField.calculate.override = "warning";

dateField.access = "readOnly";

dateField.value.override = "0";