Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

TWO PROBLEMS, Please help I am on a dead line that was due yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Level 2

I want the two drop down fields to connect.  When I click on the first one and say click business cards, I want the other one to only put sizes for the business cards; when I cilck on Brochures, I want the other one to only put sizes for the brochures.    I did a test run with the e-mail submit button. When possible customers receive it, I want them to fill out the form and just be able to send it right back to me. Well after I filled out the form and tried to submit it, a box popped up and asked what type of e-mail account was I trying to send it with then it made me save it and attach it myself to an e-mail.  Is there a way to get it to where when they press submit, they won't have to go through all of that????   Please help I am on a deadline.  I was suppose to have this form done yesterday.   I have attached the form....         THANK YOU

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Here you go......

Check the attached document. The fix is simple. I had to make some simple changes in "DropDownListScript" script and add JS code in Change event of the Item dropdown. Now it works.

Also I have added new button next to your email submit button. This a regular button but does the same thing you want using script. Check the script under "click" event. However to avoid it prompt you which email client it suppose to use you need to set up few things before you try......

For IE browsers.........

1. Right Click on the IE icon and choose Properties.

2. Open "Programs" tab

3. Check for value in E-mail: box........it should match with your email client.

For example: it could be "MS OutLook" or "Lotus Notes"..........

Note1: This is setting on each individual machine when not set will prompt like the one you saw. So you have no control on this.

Note2: However you need to assign additional user rights to fill and submit this form. With out that I guess you will only see blank form when some one submits you by email.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 6

Need a little more info.  When I select business card, what is supposed to populate in size and description?  Or, does the user have the option of selecting either size and any description?

Level 2
  1. Under LIst: Business Cards, Brochures, and Flyers; I want Business Cards to link to Size: 2x3.5; I want Brochures to link to Size: 8.5x11, 8.5x14, 11x25.5, 11x17, 12x18, 6x9, 9x12; I want Flyers to link to Size: 8.5x11, 8.5x14, 11x17. 

I tried it but it won't let the items appear I have attached the one I have tried to use the formula on.   Thank YOu

Level 6

See this thread:  http://forums.adobe.com/thread/479845?tstart=90

Varma's response with the script worked for me.

Requires using variables and not being a programmer I found confusing but doable

Level 2

As you can see in my last attached document, I used that formula and input all of my information over his.  For some reason the first drop-down box is working but it is showing nothing in the Size box.  I tried clicking on all of my option in the Item's box but nothing in the Size box and I can't figure out why.

Can you help me with the problem I have with the Submit by e-mail button

Correct answer by
Level 6

Here you go......

Check the attached document. The fix is simple. I had to make some simple changes in "DropDownListScript" script and add JS code in Change event of the Item dropdown. Now it works.

Also I have added new button next to your email submit button. This a regular button but does the same thing you want using script. Check the script under "click" event. However to avoid it prompt you which email client it suppose to use you need to set up few things before you try......

For IE browsers.........

1. Right Click on the IE icon and choose Properties.

2. Open "Programs" tab

3. Check for value in E-mail: box........it should match with your email client.

For example: it could be "MS OutLook" or "Lotus Notes"..........

Note1: This is setting on each individual machine when not set will prompt like the one you saw. So you have no control on this.

Note2: However you need to assign additional user rights to fill and submit this form. With out that I guess you will only see blank form when some one submits you by email.

Level 2

it won't let me see properties.  I don't know where to find Properties at.  Can you be a little bit more specific

?

Level 6

I am not sure where did you try.

When I say Check for IE properties I mean you go to your DeskTop screen and right click the IE icon then click on Properties.

Level 2

When you say IE, you mean internet explorer right?  There is no program tab under it.

Level 6

Check the attached doc.........what version of IE you are on? I am IE 6. If you are on different version find out how to get there.