Expand my Community achievements bar.

Trying to add a flowable/expandable text field to the end of a form

Level 1

I have created a form in LiveCycle Designer.  At the end of that form, I would like a Summary text box that expands to allow the person who is filling out the form to type as much information as is necessary and it will all be visible/print when they are done.  I have the field to the point where it will expand (finally!) but I have requested that the field allow page breaks (including all subforms it is contained within) but when it expands, it all carries over to the next page and doesn't allow us to go beyond one page of typing.  Is there anyway to remedy this situation so the text will actually "flow" from one page to another instead of just carrying it over?

5 Replies

Level 2

I hope this sample file solve your issue too.

Level 1

I appreciate you replying to my post and maybe this is just that I have never used the forum before but your reply said that you hoped the sample document would help me and I don't see a sample document attached to the reply. Am I missing something?

Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 18:32:12 -0700

To: sarah_6_26@hotmail.com

Subject: Trying to add a flowable/expandable text field to the end of a form

I hope this sample file solve your issue too.

>

Level 10

Hi,

Paul Guerette is going to be giving a free online Tech Talk on dynamic forms in about half an hour. Details here: http://acrobatusers.com/events/49326/tech-talk-developing-flowable-form-content

Niall

Level 2

Hi ,

I tried to send it twice.

Unfortunately we cannot sent attachment to this forum.

regards

ReV