Expand my Community achievements bar.

Trouble getting form to submit

Level 1

I'm wanting to have a form on a website that the user can open with reader and fill out and then submit the completed form. From what I have been able to read Acobat should be able to do this but I am having problems to make this work. I have made a simple form for a test and added a email submit button. When I submit the form a window pops up wanting me to save the form. Then I have to open my web-based email and attach the saved form and send it that way. If that is all it does it won't work for me but I assume that there is something I am doing wrong.

3 Replies

Former Community Member

You are not doing anything wrong ...the issue is that you are using a web based email system. There is no program to program communication

with such an email system so that is the only way to automate it. If you had a client based email system then there are Programmatic interfaces that woudl allow Acrobat/Reader to control the mail program and do what you want.

Hope that helps

Paul

Level 1

Thanks. What about the HTML Submit button? Is there any way to get the form submited that is easy for the user?

Former Community Member

The HTML submit will post the information to a web server (like a web page does). You will need a program on the web server to catch the submission. You might want to try mailto:emailaddress but I think that uses your default mail client to send the email.

Paul