Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Trouble getting Form Guides to render in Workspace, any ideas?

Level 1

I've been trying unsuccessfully to get any Form Guides to render correctly in Workspace. I've just began to dive into the Form Guides to investigate to see if they were a usefull tool to our users. I have been following the Adobe Form Guide documentation to a T, but with two different forms I cannot get them to render in Workspace.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/8.2/fggettingstarted.pdf

On one form, an xdp, the Form Guide starts to render the .swc, getting the frame of the Form Guide, but no content or objects from the original Form ever pulls in, it just stays static. I have the most simplest of process, just to test if the Form Guide will load.

Then, on my other form, which is the basic sample Mortgage app process that you build in Adobe documentation. It's a pdf and I get a Workspace error : (ALC-WKS-007-040) and no .swc rendering.

As stated in the Form Guide documentation, I'm using the Render Form Guide ES Update1 in my xfaForm variable. And the Advanced setting I used were from the documentation as well.

My question is there something I'm missing or some way to track down my issue? Any help would be great. Thanks.

1 Reply

Level 10

What happens with Guide is it load up the HTML stub and then load the swf from the location defined in the stub. That location gets added in there by the TargetURL property of the render service. So make sure it's set properly.

As for the XXX-040 error, this an error in the Render Form Guide ES Update1 service. Can you send the message from the error log?

Jasmin