Expand my Community achievements bar.

Tracking the CONTEXT element's holding values?

Level 8

Hello

I am developing an Adobe Interactive Form, i have Designer 8.1 and Reader 9.0 in my Windows 7 Laptop. When i checked the menu EDIT-->form properties --> Compatability, its Adobe XML form File (XDP)

I have CONTEXT and drwan input text fields in my_interactive_form.

1) I want to debug the form that How the CONTEXT is holding the values and With wht values the HIDDEN input text fields are holding?

2) is it mandatory to BIND each & every CONTEXT element to a text input field on the form IN ORDER TO utilize the context element content in the Java script editor?

Thank you

2 Replies

Former Community Member

1) I want to debug the form that How the CONTEXT is holding the values and With wht values the HIDDEN input text fields are holding?

Dont foget to enable Javascript window in your Adobe Reader.

To do this: open Adobe Reader, In the menu: Edit -> Preferences -> JavaScript Tab -> Check all the options you see over there (Show console on errors and Messages is important to be checked).

Use this script to get the values into javascript debugger.

-- console.println("The value is: ":HiddenField1.rawValue );

2) is it mandatory to BIND each & every CONTEXT element to a text input field on the form IN ORDER TO utilize the context element content in the Java script editor?

-- Not mandatory.

To refer in the script from your xml directly, use  --   $record.Employee.address.street.value

(Employee is the root node of xml, with child tree Adress -> street. value returns the actual value)

Regards,

kc

Level 8

Thank you.

I am developing an VISITOR Adobe Interactive Form, i have Designer 8.1 and Reader 9.0 in my Windows 7 Laptop. When i checked the menu EDIT-->form properties --> Compatability, its Adobe XML form File (XDP) When i opened this VISITOR interactive form in a browser, right clicking and checked form

PROPERTIES, then i saw the "PDF Version: 1.6 (Acrobat 7.x)"

When i opened this VISITOR interactive form in the browser, i did not see MENU options (like EDIT)! i saw small icons of Pring, Save, Page, Zoom, Find.

And a Purple ribbon with text of "Please fill out the following form. You can save data typed into this form"

But, i did not see any other MENU optios, like FILE, EDIT, VIEW, DOCUMENT, TOOLS, WINDOW, HELP! Pls. let me know

But, i downloaded some 'ABC' pdf from internet and opened it, here i can see all these MENU options, like FILE, EDIT!

1) In this case, How can i setup DEBUGGING settings as mentioned above?

2) Why the MENU options got disappearing!

Than you