Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Text Messaging is LCCS

Level 1

I have a very basic question.

Lets assume we have two users A & B

A is connected to Room S

B is connected to Room T

Room S & T are under the same user account on LCCS.

can A & B exchange text/xml/json messages between them?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

No, they need to be connected to same room to share with each other.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

No, they need to be connected to same room to share with each other.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 1

Thank you for the clarification.

I am writing an application where users of the app should recieve notifications/messages from other users online. I presume there will be more users online than 5000 users supported by a single room. Hence i will be creating rooms on the fly using s2s apis to accommodate more users as they come online.

I am wondering how i can route those notifications/messages between these users through LCCS.

Please advise me in this regard.

Thank you!

Former Community Member

This figure of 5000 is for peak concurrency i.e. do you think at any point in your app, you will more than 5000 users logged in at the same time.

If so, neither the free nor the pay per use model I believe works for you in terms of pricing. You might need to go for peak concurrency usage option.

Contact us in details about your use case if you feel you will have more than 5000 concurrent users.

As per limits, theoretically, you can use s2s APIs to receive message from one room and route that to another if you feel all users let's say (8000) at the same time needs to be broadcasted the message.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----