Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Text Field Won't Expand

Level 2

Steve... attached is the file I am having issues with.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You need to turn on "Expand to fit" for the height of the Description field on the Layout palette.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

You need to turn on "Expand to fit" for the height of the Description field on the Layout palette.

Level 2

Thanks, Jono!

I didn't know that option was available.  Any chance that you might be able to help me develop a subtotal button that when clicked gives subtotals for each column for the table in the activity subform of the attached file? 

Level 10

I would just have the table total as it goes, much easier I think than trying to put it all into a button. And it's quite easy to do with FormCalc but you need to make sure you name your fields properly then you can use wildcards in the formula for your rows and columns.

As you'll be able to see in the attached, I've named the first couple of rows of cells - the Administration row I've named all the cells "admin" and you'll see that LiveCycle has added an instance number in brackets because they've got the same name. Using FormCalc in the Calculate event of the Total cell the formula is sum (admin[*]) -  add up all cells named "admin" on this row. I did the same with the Community row.

The same works for totalling columns, except you use the wildcard on the instance of the Row instead of the field (again you need to watch the naming, the Rows all need the same name). I've named some of the Total column cells "total". The formula for the total in the bottom right cell is sum (Row1[*].total) -  add up all cells named "total" from every row named Row1.

Hope that helps!

Level 2

Thank you. You explained this very well.  I appreciate all of your help.