Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Text field tool appearance

Level 1

I am using LiveCycle Designer ES2 on a Windows 7 machine. Is there a way to change the appearance of the text field tool itself? Not the font/size attributes, but specifically the color of the boundary line between caption and value when working in Design View? I can change the outline color in the Drawing Aids window, but would like to change the little moveable line between caption and value; it is yellow right now and is kind of hard to see when working on a form.

4 Replies

Level 2

Marcie77,

I am not sure how or if you can change the color of the value box while in design mode so it can be easier to view. But here is the code you can use to change the value box border using code which will appear when you use the PDF.

this.ui.resolveNode("#textEdit").border.edge.color.value = "0,101,164"; //whatever RGB color you want to use

this.ui.resolveNode("#textEdit").border.edge.thickness = "0.0200in" //the thickness of the border

you will need to change "#textEdit" depending on field type. additionally, you cant use sunken box apperance, so make it solid.

#choiceList //dropdowns & listbox

#dateTimeEdit //datefields

hope this helps.

Level 2

forgot to mention, i usually put it in the initialize event but you can place it depending on your situation, also add statement and/or loops where need be.

Level 1

Thanks for the information - I'll keep this for future reference.

The text field boundary line thing obviously isn't a big issue- just a minor annoyance.

Level 1

Well, I solved the problem. The solution didn't involve LiveCycle designer at all; I changed my desktop appearance theme and now the boundary line in all fields with captions is a nice, bright orange. Weird.