Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Text field manipulation

Level 2

I have read the help file but could not find the place where I can force my text field to look a certain way.  I have 2 text fields, one is Height and the other is Weight.  I want Height to be displayed as #'##" and I want the Weight field to be displayed as ### lbs.

I would also want to create an additional field which would take information from the Feet and Pounds and change them automatically to centimeters and kilograms.

Please help if you can,

Thank you very much everyone,

Anne-Marie

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi Anne-Marie,

You can certainly do the first part using Patterns, which is available in the Object > Field tab. When setting a pattern you can wrap additional text in single quotes. Because of that we would have to use a slightly different single quote for the feet value, where the inches is a double quotes wrapped in single quotes.

text{X'`'XX'"'}

Similar approach for the weight:

text{XXX' lbs'}

I have included calculations for the conversions. However the height one is a bit rough - it will be OK for humans under 10 feet in height, but you will run into problems if measuring giraffes

Sample here: https://acrobat.com/#d=ZtMHjwuMyDhXOVzbBqzHSA

Good luck,

Niall

PS if you don't like the funny single quotation mark for feet you could go for a pattern like:

text{X'ft 'XX'in'}