Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Terminate the Signature Process

Level 2

My form has several fields which need to be validated, and the only event in which it makes sense to do the validation is the Enter event of the Signature Field.  But if the validation fails I don't know how to terminate the signature process.  It keeps going after the validation script.  I don't want to rely on the user hitting Cancel.  Is there a method to terminate the signature process?  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

There is a cancelAction method which you can use with a preSign event.

You could validation script in the preSign event and then if this fails you could use:

Reference_Syntax.cancelAction = true;

I would also include an app.alert to notify the user why the signing has failed.

This was implemented in XFA2.8, which means that it is likely that it will only work in Acrobat / Reader version 9. This might be a limit to you.

I haven't used this, so you should check out the help file.

Good luck,

Niall

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

There is a cancelAction method which you can use with a preSign event.

You could validation script in the preSign event and then if this fails you could use:

Reference_Syntax.cancelAction = true;

I would also include an app.alert to notify the user why the signing has failed.

This was implemented in XFA2.8, which means that it is likely that it will only work in Acrobat / Reader version 9. This might be a limit to you.

I haven't used this, so you should check out the help file.

Good luck,

Niall

Level 2

Thanks Niall, I'll give this a try.  It sounds like it will work well, especially since our corporate standard is Acrobat / Reader 9.