Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

Tables

Former Community Member

Hi there,

I am designing an application form on LiveCycle. 

Currently, I have used tables to produce areas for applicants to detail previous employment and education.  To make the cells editable I have right clicked and selected 'Wrap in Subform' - then right click again and 'Change object type>Text'

The main 2 problems I am encountering are...

1) I have to do the above steps cell by cell - is there a way to blanket the table and do them all at once? Or produce the table already in this format?

2) Once saved, using the document in Adobe, you can only input one line of text in each cell - if you hit return, it takes you back out of the cell, and if the writing overruns the cell, then it only displays what is visible in that one line of text, rather than wrapping onto the next line.

Forgive me if these are obvious questions, it is the first time I have used LiveCycle.

Also, if anyone knows of a better way to do this, than using a table, I will be very happy to hear it!

Thanks

2 Replies

Level 8

I don't think there's any need to wrap the cells in a subform.

1) Create a new table

2) Select all the cells you need (while either holding Shift or Ctrl)

3) In the Object pallette under the Field tab change the type to Text Field

4) In the same tab make sure 'Allow Multiple Lines' is selected

5) Also make sure under the Layout pallette that Expand to fit for Height is checked

That should do it.

Hope that helps.

Kyle

Former Community Member

Thanks Kyle,

I was missing the object palette - didn't know there was one so was trying to do what I could with what I had!  The object menu has made everything a lot simpler!