Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Table Header to have "-Continued" Text on Subsequent Pages

Level 2

I have this specific requirement where I need the Table Header to have an additional text that says "Title of the Table - Continued" on the subsequent Pages. How do I achieve this?

Table has one Header Row (Selected the "Include HeaderRow on Subsequent Pages" option and is getting repeated on Subsequent Pages) and a Repeating Body Row which will have values from the DataXML.

So the table will look something like this;

-------------------------------------------------

Desired Result:

Page 1:

Table Title

Body Row 1

Body Row 2

Body Row 3

Page 2:

Table Title - Continued

Body Row 4

Body Row 5

Body Row 6

------------------------------------------------

Achieved Result:

Page 1:

Table Title

Body Row 1

Body Row 2

Body Row 3

Page 2:

Table Title

Body Row 4

Body Row 5

Body Row 6

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Try putting this JavaScript in the layout:ready event of your header row;

if (this.index > 0)

{

this.resolveNode("#draw.#value.#text").value = this.parent.resolveNode("HeaderRow.#draw.#value.#text").value + " - Continued";

}

So set the first cell of the header (which I assume is a draw field) to the value of the first cell of the the first header row (which I assume is called HeaderRow) and append the text " - Continued".

If the table grows because of the initial binding and not because of a "add row" button then you could move this code to the docReady event, which wont be called as often.  Code in the layout:ready events can be a problem for performance.

Regards

Bruce

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Try putting this JavaScript in the layout:ready event of your header row;

if (this.index > 0)

{

this.resolveNode("#draw.#value.#text").value = this.parent.resolveNode("HeaderRow.#draw.#value.#text").value + " - Continued";

}

So set the first cell of the header (which I assume is a draw field) to the value of the first cell of the the first header row (which I assume is called HeaderRow) and append the text " - Continued".

If the table grows because of the initial binding and not because of a "add row" button then you could move this code to the docReady event, which wont be called as often.  Code in the layout:ready events can be a problem for performance.

Regards

Bruce