Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Tab Order setting does not persist

Former Community Member

Hi There,

We have one specific form (a dynamic, flowed form, with repeating subforms and fragments), that we need to have automatic Tab Ordering.

We have found that (for this form only) the Tab Order keeps resetting to Custom.  We are working on the xdp file, and it means that we need to remember to reset it to "Automatic" just before saving everytime (when we save the PDF).

Is there something in the xdp that would cause it for an individual form?  Is this something we can fix?

Thanks

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Sounds like a bug ...I would report it to Adobe support.

Paul

Level 1

I have also been having issues in regards to the tab order. We contacted Adobe and they apparently had trouble understanding what our issues were. We had the same thing you are running into with the tab order resetting, but never could figure out why it did. When we sent our file to Adobe, they told us it was working fine when they looked at it and they closed our ticket stating that our issue was resolved.

Well it isn't resolved and here we sit with forms that don't tab correctly if we don't reset the order EVERY time (sometimes even if we do set the tab order it goes wonky on us).

So if you contact them and get an answer please share!

Level 1

What i found is if you save the file as Adobe Acrobat 7 and open with acrobat your tab functions will work. Mine did. The Preview PDF did not work for me. Again I did a Save As "Acrobat 7 (static) PDF Form (*.pdf), then opened it in Acrobat and it worked.

Former Community Member

I was able to fix this partially - by moving fields, resetting the tab order, then moving the fields back.

The form still has the issue with automatic tab order needing to be reset before each save - although for some reason it's just this form, so we will probably not log this just yet (will see if we can reproduce the problem in a generic form).

Former Community Member

can you re-order your form within your hierarchy window.  i have found that if i order there i never have a problem with it remaining as i want it.  however, i have had issues with the tab ordering.

rpeterson