Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

System is not giving user a chance to keep it blank, once dropped down the list!

Level 8

Hello

I am developing interactive form, where in we have a bunch of drop-down fields, i have created them by dragging Enumarated Drop-down (no select) item from WebDynPro Native (Its provided from SAP and ERP Back End system, pls. you guys disregard this WebDynPro & my_WebDynPro_SAP_application wordS) section of palatte and dropped on my_form layout, fine.

This my_form will be launched on the browser by executing the my_WebDynPro_SAP_application.

I am filling these drop-down field's list from my_WebDynPro_SAP_application. Say the list contain 3 entries like entry_1, entry_2 and entry_3

When i launching my_form on the browser and i saw the drop-down fields with out any populating the value(blank) on the form, but list holding the 3 entries, fine

If i drop-down the list then i can see all entrires (entry_1, entry_2 and entry_3), fine

Issue is: Say, by mistake user has selected entry_2, hence the entry_2 is populated on that drop-down field, fine....but after couple of seconds user has realised that, its a mistake and user want to keep that drop-down field 'as is' (meaning, blank), but, there is no chance! Once dropped down the list, user invariably has to select any one of entry from the list! There is no chance of keeping the drop-down field as blank!

Pls. let me know how can i fix my issue ( i passed an INITIAL entry along with other 3 enties: entry_1, entry_2 and entry_3? so total 4) but no USE?

Passing INITIAL entry has not worked! bcz adobe is deleting this INITAIL entry from the list

Is there any standard/good practice to achieve my requirement?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

There are a couple of options.

One would be to include a dropdown item " ", which will appear in the list as a blank option.

You could include a reset button next to the dropdown, which would reset just that dropdown back to it initial - no selection state.

Lastly, I have an example here where you can script if the user is holding down the Shift key. If they are then clear the field: http://assure.ly/j1KdNq.

Hope that helps,

Niall

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

There are a couple of options.

One would be to include a dropdown item " ", which will appear in the list as a blank option.

You could include a reset button next to the dropdown, which would reset just that dropdown back to it initial - no selection state.

Lastly, I have an example here where you can script if the user is holding down the Shift key. If they are then clear the field: http://assure.ly/j1KdNq.

Hope that helps,

Niall