Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Syntax error near token "

Former Community Member

I can't seem to get past this error. I am just learning formcalc. any help?

screenshot.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You have a syntax error in your code. Please attach the PDF and I'll have a look.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You have a syntax error in your code. Please attach the PDF and I'll have a look.

Former Community Member

There was some sort of hidden dash in the middle of the word property (PaymentProper-ty_Taxes) at position 61 of your script. I removed it for you so the syntax error is no longer there.

Former Community Member

THANKS! how do i find line 61 or any other position in the document in the future to find these errors? i could not find line 1 column 61 when it told me that location.

Former Community Member

also how did you see it if it was hidden and how did you remove it?

Former Community Member

Sometimes I use a different text editor (UltraEdit) to write code. It has ruler at the top of the editor that counts characters. So when your syntax error was complaining about column 61, i copied the code it was moaning about into UltraEdit so i could see where column 61 was. And when i did that i noticed that there was a dash at that position. So I removed it and pasted the code back into Designer and the error was gone.

Former Community Member

Ahh, so LiveCycle does not show you where the location is? got it. Thank You very much.

Level 10

Hi,

If you right click in the script editor, there is an option to show line numbers. Once this is turned on, line numbers will be shown for all forms.

N.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----