Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Submit via email as a full PDF in ES2.5?

Former Community Member

Hi There,

I need to add a button in my form which submits the form via email as a full PDF, not the XML it defaultly sends as. I have scoured the internet and I have followed some suggestions (change the coding, do plain submit and have the URL as mailto:xxx@XXX.com, change permissions (even though I can't find the advanced menu in reader...?) although none seem to work.

I would really appreciate any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Niall:

I had the same issue a few days ago and got it sorted, you can too

To get the reader enabled. Open the pdf in Acrobat Pro (I am using x) then under file > save as > reader extended pdf > "select" enable additional features. That should take care of that part

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

There are some examples here: http://assure.ly/fiTm2i.

Basically there are three potential options. Use an Email Submit button, which has limited options. Use a Regular Button and on the Object > Field palette you can set the control type to Submit. This will make the Object > Submit palette available and you can change the Submit as to PDF. Lastly you can use a Regular button and in the click event have a custom script.

The Regular button with Control Type set to Submit would probably suit you best. This is the first exaample in the forms.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Former Community Member

Great, thanks for that Niall. I have followed your instructions insofar as to create a button with submit control and add the PDF as the format for submitting. Now, however, it seems that the submit button is inactive, as in when it is clicked the email dialogue does not open and I cannot send the PDF in an email. Any ideas?

Level 10

Hi,

A couple of things to check:

1. Are you using Adobe Reader? If so the form would need to be Reader Enabled in order for the "submit as PDF by email" to work.
  2. If testing the form in Acrobat, open the JavaScript Console (Control+J) and see do any errors come up when you click the submit button.

Niall

Former Community Member

Thanks Niall - ctrl + J doesn't seem to be functioning however and I'm not sure how to check if the form is reader enabled.

Thanks again

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Niall:

I had the same issue a few days ago and got it sorted, you can too

To get the reader enabled. Open the pdf in Acrobat Pro (I am using x) then under file > save as > reader extended pdf > "select" enable additional features. That should take care of that part

Former Community Member

This worked! Great, thanks a lot for all your help.