Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Subforms do not stay open when saving pdf

Level 1

Hello,

Hoping to get some help with this issue. I created a form in ES containing a few checkbox's which trigger a subform(textbox) when checked. I currently have the subform presence set to "hidden" because i want the subforms to be hidden by default until the box is checked. The issue occurs when i try to save data in the subform textbox. When i open the PDF in acrobat/reader, I trigger a checkbox>subform opens>enter data>save>close>re-open, the subform does not appear but remains hidden. I have to then click the checkbox again to bring up the subform with the data i entered.

I guess my question is: How can i get the subforms to stay open when they contain data and save the pdf in it's current state so when the pdf is re-opened, it will look exactly like it did when it was saved.

Thanks,

Vince

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Vince,

You just need to go to the File > Form Properties > Defaults tab and set the Preserve Script Changes to "Automatic":

LCDES2 properties preserve script changes.png

Good luck,

Niall

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Vince,

You just need to go to the File > Form Properties > Defaults tab and set the Preserve Script Changes to "Automatic":

LCDES2 properties preserve script changes.png

Good luck,

Niall

Level 1

Thank you!! that worked perfectly! would never have figured that out.

Vince