Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Subforms across page breaks

Former Community Member

In LiveCycle, how do you keep subforms from being split across page breaks?  I'm working an a form in which several subforms can be added or deleted.  If I add enough of any of them, when they get to the bottom of the page, instead of getting a new page the subform splits between the pages.

Here's a basic hierarchy of the form (excluding master pages, content areas etc.)

MainForm

PageA

SubformA

SubformB

SubformC        

PageB

SubformA

SubformB

SubformC

PageC

SubformA

SubformB

SubformC

The subforms that can be added/deleted are SubformA, SubformB, SubformC on each page.

The idea is to have PageA, PageB and PageC always start at the top of the page, and when enough of any of the Subforms are added, the Subform which would be split at the bottom of the page goes to the top of the new next page.   So if I add enough of PageA, SubformA to overflow the page, the last instance of PageA, SubformC goes to the top of a new page, and PageB goes to the top of the following page.

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Never mind everybody,  I figured out what I did wrong.

The size of the content area on the master page must be the size of the form minus the space allowed for page headings. 

For example, let’s say that you have a form which is 8” wide by 11” long.  On your master page, there is a 1.5” heading which will print on each page across the top of the page.    The content area should be 8” wide by 9.5” long.    

I made the mistake of having the content area 8” wide and 11” long, thinking it should be the same as the form size and that the heading on the master page was included in that 11 -inch-length.   Wrong.

When I pressed an add button to add a subform enough times so that the subform would overflow the page, instead of appearing on the top of the next page like I anticipated, the subform appeared to hide underneath the page break and the header of the next page.  That's because the content area wasn't filled yet. It still had another 1.5" to go.  I had to press the add button twice to get a subform to appear on the next page.  In the meantime, the new subforms continued to appear to slide under and hide underneath the page break and next page header.